Saturday, August 30, 2008

Typepad, Wordpress,Textdriven , and 19,000 other sites

I was counting on anonymouse before we left but the gig was up here as of mid June and they are also blocked. Because Jazzie and Tahlia have an RSS feed I can go to bloglines and access the text now since I am not really going to their site, it is being pushed out to me. I am thrilled as a first grade teacher to be able to read about Jazzie's first week, but boy do I miss seeing the wonderful pictures, which I can't get. But hey, this is a major step in the right direction. I would really like to be able to view my sister's site and so many others. I began researching proxy servers and anonymizers here but got a little nervous about things being monitoring and the sites I was landing on so ... is anyone out there up for looking around to see if you can find a good work around site for me? Googling what is working for other bloggers that are here? Things may change now that the olympics are over, maybe they will open up more. Then again I need to be thankful that I can see my blog now which I couldn't do from the capital here when I came to get Abbey, but could from Guangzhou. It's like that, sometimes some areas are blocked and others aren't. Oh, and I don't want a paid site like GoTrusted. I need a freebie. Thank you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi! I am sorry you are missing my pictures, but glad to hear you can at least my text :-)

I LOVE reading about your Cherry Blossom Life.

MMM X 2 said...

I love the new look of your BLOG! You two are so brave to be taking in each day of your adventure! Know that we are with you, wishing you well, and offering daily "encouragement."

Miss you!

Amanda

Cindy said...

Christi, Thanks for your sweet note...thankfully, I'm doing much better (a month later). I always love reading your blog and I was pleasantly surprised today to see your new look! How did you do that? I've been trying to figure out how to customize for weeks and I just can't seem to get anywhere. Any tips?

R in TX said...

Hi Christi & Abbey! I am so sorry not to have posted & wished you well in China before now. We are reading along on your adventures on this amazing path you & that sweet girl have been placed on.

Life is full of surprises..Will enjoy following along with you in China...........

Stop by our blog if you get a chance...Abbey is growing up so beautiful as are my 2!

Anonymous said...

Hi there again...this blog looks great!! Miss you both a lot!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

We used AOL while we were in China and had no problems accessing any websites. I am wondering if you might be able to use them too? They are free and if you use their search engine to view sites, they will come up.

Donna said...

When we recently spent a four week vacation in China, our friend (in Shanghai) told us about www.turbohide.com.

After you put the blog address in, it will say there is a "resource error". Just click go a second time and it should take you right to the blog after that. Much more slowly than in the US, of course!

We used it the whole time we were in China and we were always able to see any blog we wanted (including our own).

Donna
Mom to Gwen of Shenzhen
Mom to Maddy of Qinzhou
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi,
My computer was down and I have tendenitus in my right arm right now, so I have not been reading blogs much lately. I am playing catch up.
Anyway, I am thinking of you and missing you. You are not alone. When I am struggling, i think of my favorite quote, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize." Take care and remember that you are loved.
Rebecca

Unknown said...

know I love you. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,your best chooice. thanks. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official