Monday, August 11, 2008

Backing Up


A few days before we left my family had a farewell dinner. Abbey was picking handfuls of white rose petals outside the restaurant and throwing them up in the air. It was one of those magical moments. She loved running from me at one end of the table to GG and Uncle Gene at the other end. This girl likes to party - the more people, food and fun, the better!

Why do they not look one bit sad to be saying good bye to us?

My incredible moving crew. My very gracious neighbors rented me their garage at the last minute to store all my belongings in. This amazing group of puzzle packed everything in like an perfect puzzle, and they did it so cheerfully I can actually say it was really fun. Thank you to all our friends, you are an incredible support and that morning just tied another knot in our hearts to you.
Abbey enjoying her flight. She loves anything involving headphones and was thrilled to have lots of buttons to push, kid food, and tv at her fingertips. (Tina, can you imagine how happy she was to have a little remote and do her own tv and music controls? It was her dream come true.)


Opening up a new Snow White toy to play with during our wait at the Hong Kong airport before the ferry took us to China.

1 comment:

Teacher Mary said...

I just love all pics of you going away! Very fun. Helping pack up the garage was fun. It worked out perfectly. I am glad that Abbey had enough to keep her busy during the flight--she is little Miss Mechanical & How Does It Work. I love the idea of her throwing the white rose petals-what a sweetie she is! Miss you guys lots! With Love and Tons of Kisses!