Sunday, December 7, 2008

Send Me


Note the
PJ shirt that is in so many pictures, she would wear this ladybug top every moment if I let her.

These cups are so "us". Me and my coffee and her with her warm milk. We do this every morning.
I recently shared with some friends that I wanted to be "used" (in a good way) more, and they joined in agreement with me. I was in so much need when I first got here that I've at times felt more of a burden than a blessing to those around me. Things just keep getting better and easier every week and I am finally beginning to taste some of the reasons we were meant to be here for this season. At our Thanksgiving dinner I had a chance to sit with one of our orphanage volunteers and share my whole story. Those of you that know it will remember that it is quite a tale to tell, and she was very receptive. She asked for a CD and I am hoping that will sink into her soul even deeper. And then yesterday Abbey and I were out in the middle of town, far from where we live, shopping. We'd only been to this center once before and really didn't know our way around. We popped into a very crowded restaurant for lunch and as we were waiting in line I felt a tap on the shoulder. A young woman said, "I think I know you and your daughter," it turned out that she met us one day in another part of town months before. She and her boyfriend were able to get seated with us and we got to know each other better. It was one of those moments where you know, it's no accident, you are exactly where you were meant to be at the right moment. I have another friend that I get to see each week and I believe there will be an open door for more with her in the future. Oh, and I got to share the whole "reason for the season" with all the children and parents at school last Friday. Our morning circle was the Story of Christmas. Does this all sound vague? It's supposed to, and please keep any
comments in the same genre - but I just had to share these answers to our hearts desires. He is so good.

11 comments:

Joannah said...

I just got chills! I love what's going on in your life right now. Thank you for sharing here. You inspire me!!!

Abbey is darling. She has a beautiful heart for you know who.

GBY both!

Kimber and Chris said...

wonderful awe inspiring...so encouraging.. and so happy to hear about you and your little darling!

the meaklims said...

What a blessing! You have faith and that's what matters. So proud of you.

Jill xx

Anonymous said...

Love that we are led by the same one! Hoping you get that package soon so you can enjoy some tea. :-)

HUGS!
Beth and Grace

Anonymous said...

You two have come so far from our first emails to one another. I so wish I could have done more when I was living abroad. But you are blessed and I do hope we get to meet someday and share our joy!

Love to you both at this wonderful time of the year!
Love, Shauna and MacLean xoxoxo

Donna said...

So glad you are starting to enjoy your life in China...great story!

Teacher Mary said...

It is good to see you being used in such a wonderful way! Wow, garp sure works for sure! I am glad that you are getting to share the reason for the season. See you soon--almost half way there! It's hard to believe!

Unknown said...

ou I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official

Unknown said...

ou I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official

Anonymous said...

Really good article.
cheap nfl jerseys
cheap nfl nike jerseys

Anonymous said...


What a blessing! You have faith and that's what matters. So proud of you.
cheap jerseys
cheap jersey
nike nfl jerseys