Thursday, December 25, 2008

Party Time!

My friends here in Shenzhen like to party and that has made our holidays very fun! We had a progressive dinner for our staff, it may have been the first one in China. It was certainly the first one for the people on our team. We went to my friend Amy's very posh penthouse for drinks and appetizers. Amy is our wonderful art teacher from Wales. She has been so incredibly kind to Abbey and I. She also volunteers at the orphanage. Then we went to Samantha and Heidi's for soup and salad. It was so awesome to have Mexican soup, I felt like I was in California. We loved all their Swedish decorations, thank you Ikea.
Next up was Brad and Emily's home for our delicious main course.
Samanta - works for Sunshine Foundation, Sarah - our ayi, Lily - our
wonderful accountant, Joy - my kindergarten assistant, Abbey, Carmen - another assistant, Joanna - our Chinese teacher
Had to take a pic of Mary's gold sparkly shoes. She rides her bike a long way to work with these everyday. This is the same gal that lives on the 9th floor with no elevator. All young ladies in China wear fancy high heels and Abbey loves them. She keeps asking me to get a pink pair, and I just may.

And finally to Sabine and Hong Rong's for some German Christmas cheer. I got a great necklace from my secret santa!


And now for some random photos...
Couting down the days and really wanting to put the Baby Jesus sticker on!

Shopping with mommy at the mall. Most of the trees are decorated with blue lights. They are saving all their red decorations for Chinese New Year.
Only in China...I had to have a picture of this strange tree made out of Heineken bottles at the gate to our church.


Someone just had to put on these miniature stockings and dance around like a little elf in them.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Love,
Michelle

HuluMama said...

Glad you had a Merry Christmas! On my first Christmas in China a man in the market sang Jingle Bells in Chinese for me.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

So glad you guys are having a very merry christmas. Love that beer tree! Now that's a new and innovative way to entice the sinners into the churchhouse. I happen to know quite a few who would be more than willing to attend services, just for the chance to hep dis-assemble that tree! HeHe.

Merry Christmas!

Love from Miami,

Carol and Taylor

Kris said...

Merry Christmas! Every time I pop over to your blog, I think Abbey can't get any cuter...but somehow she always does! yarp for you often.

k1 said...

Merry Christmas!
oh to be in short sleeves!
We have had snow for a week now.
ugh

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Merry Christmas!

The German/Scandinavian decor reminds me of childhood Christmases.

Truly Blessed said...

What a wonderful Christmas you had! Merry Christmas wishes from snowy Michigan to tropical Shenzen!

I just LOVE that Abbey likes the tiara/crown we sent her -- it warms my heart to see her wear it so often!

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, and I recognize the silver vest in the group picture -- sure hope the outfit fits her well...

What a lovely time you had. I love progressive dinners, they're so much fun!

Kelly S. said...

Merry Christmas from your friends in Texas.

Juliet, Lee & Kelly

Teacher Mary said...

Your girlie is such a crack-up. I just love the Santa stockings! I hope that you both had a wonderful Christmas! Lots of Kisses, Hugs and Tons of Love and Garp too!!!

Unknown said...

ou I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official