Friday, October 17, 2008

Xi'an's Musical Fountain


We had a great night on the National Holiday in front of Xi'an's Big Wild Goose Pagoda at the largest musical fountain in Asia. For the first time I can remember on a trip I left my camera battery in the charger so I am borrowing a clip from youtube. The fountain is tier upon tier stretching out in front of the pagoda. Because of the holiday it was very crowded but also very fun. It is a not to be missed experience in Xi'an. There are free shows each night and no video can really do it justice. Abbey loved it! She also got to ride the merry-go-round there and eat Kettle Korn. Trying to catch a taxi afterward was very challenging. A guy kept trying to get all three of us to get on the back of his motorcycle, with my stroller and everything. Of course no helmets. I don't think so. "Bu yao" was all I could say.

9 comments:

Salsome said...

How fun! It looks exactly like the fountains on the Parliament Square in Bern! Only that there would be no music & the colors wouldn't change... ;o)
How great that you got to spend some time with Damaris & Joel! ...It really is funny that Abbey just loved my sister & me from the very first moment on...!! I have no idea why...! ...But I love it!! :o)

I really love to read about your experiences in China!

Lindiana Jones said...

Love the video! I know you're working but all the pictures and videos make it look like a big vacation...in a very good way! Love and miss you!

Lindamir

bland4 said...

Beautiful fountain, I bet Abbey watched in awe at all the lights!
I can just picture it now, the two of you on the back of a motorcycle with a stroller attached to your back...what a site that would be!lol It's amazing to think that that is probably a normal occurance over there. So different from the US!
hugs to you both,
-K

C's Mom said...

What a beautiful experience!

Nope, no motorcycle for me either..stroller or not :0)

Nina said...

Beautiful!

And I, too, have a mental image of three of you, plus a stroller, on a motorcycle. The funny thing is, I bet the guy could have pulled it off!

It's such a different world... and yet they still have kettle korn :)

Hugs,
Nina

Unknown said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for the rules.

Teresa

k1 said...

China on a motorcycle.

Got gray hair just thinking of it!!

So glad to "hear" such a cheerful note in your posts now.

Blessings to you!

Teacher Mary said...

Yikes! I agree I bet the guy could have pulled it off but you are right to be very cautious especially when it is very crowded. You need to worry most about the other guy! I love dancing waters. I can just see Abbey Baby dancing around & having a great time! Did you dance too, Christi??? Lots of Hugs, Kisses and Love

Unknown said...

ou I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official