Saturday, October 11, 2008

Xi'an Starbucks and the Drum Tower




We went to a great Starbucks each morning in the square that is in between both towers. There was actually another Starbucks across the street. They are all over China but they are never full and don't have lines. I see usually see foreigners in there and only a few Chinese. I know they are struggling back home and I wonder if they will take off here or not. I think the traditional tea has a pretty strong hold.


The Drum Tower and a view of the Islamic quarter that begins below it. This is the beginning of the northern Silk Road that extended to Iraq and on to the Roman Empire. Having a stroller actually made it easier I think to make my way through the crowds.

4 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

WONDERFUL picture of you and Abbey!

As a coffee drinker, I'm all for coffee in China (Starbucks isn't my favorite, but it'll pass in a pinch).

bland4 said...

Love the pictures of you and Abbey. You look great Christi, and your smile says it all! You look settled in and happy. Oh and love Abbeys hair too!

Teacher Mary said...

Stroller was a great idea--easier to keep Abbey by you! I agree with the Bland's--I just love Abbey's pigtails! I know that you are very happy to see a Starbuck's close by! Do they accept Starbuck's cards? Lots of Hugs & Kisses to my girls! Can't wait to see you both!

Unknown said...

ou I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official,Cheap NIKE Jerseys Official