Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Horn of the Unicorn

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I now present to you the Horn of the Unicorn.  It's is very important that you remain in your seats.  I repeat, remain in your seats.  Do not attempt to touch the horn for it is very sharp...."
Just another silly part of Abbey's shower routine that we reenact each time. 
In other silliness, we always say lines to each other from the Beatrix Potter book, Squirrel Nutkin.  Our favorite is "Who's been digging up my nuts?" which we chant and say when we are looking for something.  I also call her Chippy Hackee, which really ruffles her feathers.  She always insists that she is Goody Tiptoes. She likes to hide her vitamins in her cheek like a little squirrel.
On a more serious note Abbey has certain things that she loves to go over with me time after time.  She asks, "Mama, do you love me?"  because she loves for me to tell her "You NEVER have to wonder if I love you.  I will always love you no matter what."  She loves to go over how much I love her (up to heaven and back again).  And she loves to discuss that I will still love her even if she does something very bad and she asks me to tell her, "You can never stop making me love you!"   It's very funny to hear her mirror things back to me like "You are my precious Mama.  You are my cutie."  The other day she said, "Mommy I love everyone in China, and the whole world, but I love you best of all."  Everyday I just feel so incredibly grateful to have her in my life.





Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don't worry about storage limits. Check it out.

8 comments:

Shauna and MacLean said...

What a wonderful post and it is so special to see you enjoying your time in Abbey's birth country. We hope that you have had a life changing experience. I look forward to hearing more when you get home . When are you coming back to the US???? Hope you have a wonderful time and safe travels home.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very cute & creative!

Unknown said...

Aww...sniff.

Reminiscing about your wait for her. And now it is your dream come true.

Joannah said...

She's an amazing little girl. I love all the Abbey stories you share with us.

Abby's Mom said...

Love it :)

Unknown said...

I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys

Unknown said...

ou I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys,Official NIKE NFL Jerseys

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and safe travels home.cheap jerseys I look forward to hearing more when you get home .