Friday, May 29, 2009

Hong Kong Visa Adventure

Well, still no way to post photos but at least I managed to get in again. We hit another rough patch this week but have since come through on the other side. On Tuesday we went to Hong Kong to get new visas and found that they could not be processed that day. Our temporary visas had no more enteries, so we were stuck and realized we would have to spend the night, and for this we were totally unprepared. Thank goodness I brought the stroller. I had decided that I was going to be able to manage HK without it for the first time but as we were leaving Abbey said, "I want my stroller!" Oh how thankful I am for that. Somehow we were able to keep our clothes reasonably clean and we picked up those things that seemed absolutely essential at the drug store. My phone doesn't work in HK but fortunately the agency processing the visas allowed me to make a call to Shenzhen and a friend there was able to book a hotel for us. We spent many hours on escalators and the MTR, both of which Abbey loves. It was raining and I had no jacket but did have a little travel umbrella in my backpack.



15 comments:

Kris said...

Looks like Father was taking care of you (through your little Abbey and her request for the stroller!). Yarping for everything resolving quickly.

Truly Blessed said...

So frustrating. But think about this: did you EVER imagine 10 months ago that you and your daughter would go that far from home, alone, and function perfectly okay? How cool is that? I am so thankful that you were as prepared as you were and love that you had another great adventure to store away for later re-telling.

You definitely have someone watching over you!! PTL!

Robin said...

AMEN to both previous comments!

Kimber and Chris said...

you are a warrior and my inspiration...have you started your book yet? because it is a must read!

Donna said...

You and Abbey have definitely learned how to cope well with these big and little inconveniences!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Christi's Adventures in China: Do These Scorpions Come with a Dipping Sauce?

The adventures just get better and better! Tee hee.

Paulette said...

YOur are such a trooper and the best world traveler with a kid I know. So when are you coming home? We have one more week of school good thing because Annalise broke her arm last week at daycare. One more week and she can be on my watch.

Lucky Mama said...

Egads! What amazing adventures, planned or not, you're both having.

We might be back in So Cali in September, will you guys be back by then?

/karen

Teacher Mary said...

Love that Abbey and "I want my stroller"! We all know how those words got to her! Sorry it was such a trial but you got through it with flying colors! You know your Daddy is looking out for you and your little sweetheart! Lots of Love and ALL that other good stuff!

Super Mommy said...

Oh the adventures in China - I'm sure you could write a book!! Hopefully you were able to get your Visa's quickly and were on your way!

Unknown said...

If i love you. you I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys

Unknown said...

If i love you. you I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys

Unknown said...


free jerseys fans

bargain collection

free bargain

pas chere

nike nfl jerseys news

wholesale nfl jerseys us news

Anonymous said...

Really good article.
cheap nfl jerseys.
cheap nfl nike jerseys.