Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Backdoor

Cannot believe I found a way to get into bl*gger! Everything is blocked here. Y*utube has been gone for a month. Bl*gger and Typ*pad have been gone for about a week. Although I found a way in I can't post pictures, I really want to share Abbey's birthday party and our safari trip, but it will have to wait until the f*rewall goes down. Anyway, Abbey is still in the process of getting better. She had a really bad Augmentin rash for over a week after she finished her antibiotics. She still has some eye infection but everything else is getting back to normal. We had a major visa problem last week. We were headed to Hong Kong and ended up getting stopped at the border and spent the day at the police station. It's all getting worked out but it cost us a fortune. We hope to have new visas within a week. Someday I'll explain it all but not now. The next day Abbey set up a little table at home and was stamping and checking visas all day. She is so funny. Her new favorite thing is for me to sing, "Sugar pie, honey bunch, you know that I love you. I can't help myself, I want you and nobody else." She loves it! She's been saying lots of cute things. We have a bridge going over the koi pond that we cross each morning and she tells me, "Don't step on the 'cwaps', or the bears will get you!" And she's left me in the dust with her Chinese. For the longest time she was speaking in her own pseudo-Chinese, but about a month ago I started noticing people interacting with her in Chinese and they were really communicating. I started asking people for translation on different words she was telling me, and sure enough they were all the real deal. So now she teaches me new words and phrases each week. It's funny too because I will say something to someone in Chinese and they don't understand me at all and then she will repeat it (with the right pronunciation) and suddenly they understand. She is by no means fluent or even really conversational, but she has made a break through and is gaining momentum. Some of our relationships are beginning to bear fruit too and I am excited about the opportunities we are having to share our Joy with others. We would love for you to partner with us in lifting up these friends. Your comments and emails are such an encouragement!



15 comments:

Mick and Caitlin said...

Christi, just wanted to say that we miss you guys! Sorry to hear that Abbey is still in recovery-mode but so glad to hear of your progress. We'll be in CA this weekend and it won't be the same without you guys there!

dawn said...

THe visa experience sounds very hair raising. So glad Abbey is getting better. My girls have left me in the dust with their Chinese too. I really want to learn it but, oh my aching mouth it hurts when I try LOL.

k1 said...

Too funny that Abbey is imitating the border control agents! They must have made a real impression or you were in their office way too long

Unknown said...

I am so impressed that sweet Abbey is picking up Chinese- that is so impressive. Your life is so filled with adventures- at the very least you will have to turn your blog into a book (and maybe even fill in the blanks someday).
I love hearing all the new abbeyisms- hoping you can keep posting the latest.
K.x

Shauna and MacLean said...

We have so loved your journey so far. It has been such an incredible experience. We only wish we were coming to China before you leave. I know that you know we think of you often and pray for you each and every day. Take care and know that what you are doing there is lifechanging for all involved.

Take care, chat soon.
Shauna and MacLean xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Abbey is feeling better. C had a bad reaction after being on augmenten forever when she was about Abbey's age so we were told no more Sulfa drugs. She had a med that was a derivitive (sorry for the spelling) a couple of years ago and had another bad reaction- so no more sulfa meds!!!!
Hope the visas work out soon!
Miss you guys,
Michelle

Lucky Mama said...

That's awesome that she's getting the language and the tones. I cannot get the tones right at all. Hope you're all better now and the last weeks in China are nothing but oodles of fun!

/karen

Truly Blessed said...

Oh the adventures you've had! I love that Abbey is learning Chinese, and hope that you'll continue that path when you get back to the states.

Any luck on visiting YD?

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi, always an adventure, huh? Found the title of your post interesting. Is that a good term to use if you're concerned about your posts being watched? Also, could those folks also be watching for obvious derivations of terms where you've replaced a single letter with an asterisk? Just a minute, there's a knock on the do

Kris said...

Another way to backdoor in is to have someone set up your account so you can email in posts. It will create an email address for you and you can send your posts via email. I'm not sure if it allows you to post photos or not, but you could at least post. We had it set up that way when we traveled just in case.

Continue to yarp for you and Abbey!

Donna said...

Wow, sounds like you've had a few challenges of late...hope everything settles down! Can't wait to see some new photos of your beautiful girl!

Teacher Mary said...

Wow, at least you can post text! I love the idea of Abbey playing inspector and stamping visas. You know that it will all work out!! I am glad that she is feeling better, slowly but surely! I cannot wait to see you both soon! I love the idea she is actually having people understand her in Chinese!! Wow, what a gal! Lots of Love, Hugs, Kisses and all that other good stuff!

t~ said...

While we were in China, I could read blogs through ProxyBox.com

I facebooked all my photos and my girlfriends snatched the photos and put them on blogger. Maybe that could help you out. Not sure why FB wasn't blocked...?

Unknown said...

If i love you. you I know I love you. your best chooice. thanks. wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,wholesale jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys,cheap jerseys

Unknown said...


free jerseys fans

bargain collection

free bargain

pas chere

nike nfl jerseys news

wholesale nfl jerseys us news