Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Fun


We dyed a lot of eggs which were brought home in my backpack across town through the metro and then transported back across town on Sunday. You just don't realize how easy you have it when you can simply drive to a store in the US and pick up recognizable groceries any time you want.



Tons of goodies from Super Mommy. I just loved Abbey's excitement to wake up to these items that we could have never obtained here. Thank you!!
Abbey loves bunnies as I always have. She said these shoes were making her hop around.

She wore the bridal veil headband all day and told me once again that she is going to marry her Laolie.






We had a packed house at our meeting Sunday and I must say the greatest blessing was to walk up to the doors only to be greeted by Ian passing out the programs. He's our Starbucks guy whose life has been transformed in the past few months. Someday I will tell you his awesome story.
Afterwards we had a HUGE potluck with a few hundred people from all over the globe. It was just massive amounts of food, my favorite part being delivered by the Papa John's bikes. It is amazing to me that we have found such a wonderful gathering of family in a place where this holiday is completely unknown. Just like our Christmas experiences, I expected this could be a difficult time for us and instead it was perfect.



14 comments:

M3 said...

Glad you guys had a good Easter! Those bunny shoes are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are super cute!

Leontien said...

Christi, when I see Abbey singing the song with the others kids. I can not believe that that's the little girl you showed us a few years ago...That must be love from you and God to become so ALIVE!!

Donna said...

I hope you like egg salad sandwiches! That sure was a lot of easter eggs!

Love all the pics but especially Abby in those adorable bunny shoes. So cute!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Super Mommy said...

Abbey looks like she is going to burst she is so happy! I love the singing - it's precious!!

Kolleen said...

Precious in the sight of our father! Abbey singing her heart out is so beautiful. It must make you so happy and proud. Enjoy every moment of your time in China.

Donna said...

I'm so glad you and Abbey had such a great Easter!

Paulette said...

What a fun Easter love to hear Alalula in Chinese. Can you pass those bunny shoes down I know someone that would love them.

FYI we had our Read Thread video make of our trip to Annalise and you and Abby made the cut should be posted soon.

Truly Blessed said...

Katie and I are sitting here watching each of your videos over and over again (one of us is lamenting that ALL of the photos aren't videos!), and she's asking many questions.

First, though, she wants to tell you that "I love that song!" and she was also very impressed with all of Abbey's eggs. Thank you for sharing.

I'm so glad you had a blessed Easter with other believers in China. Woo hoo!!!

k1 said...

Happy Birthday Abbey!!!!

Teacher Mary said...

Wow, I am so glad that you were favored with a wonderful Sunday! I just love all the goodies she got on that special Sunday! She looks so sweet in the lovely white dress with those adorable bunny shoes. Tell Abbey I am very proud of her for helping her Mama decorate so many pretty eggs and for singing so wonderfully! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!!! Lots of Hugs, Kisses and Tons of Love!

Abby's Mom said...

You are truly blessed :)

Elise said...

Looks like you had a perfect Easter together....love the bunny shoes too!

Lucky Mama said...

Those bunny shoes are indeed the cutest shoes ever! We had thousands of bunnies living on our hill in San Diego. I miss them. We have just two bunny friends here in N.C.

Enjoy spring!
/karen